Friday, June 26, 2015

Lemonade Stand

At the beginning of summer, the kids made a bucket list of all the fun things they wanted to do before heading back to school in the fall. At the time I was very pregnant and wasn't feeling to bucket list-y...some of the things they wrote down felt like daunting tasks to me. The kids were very understanding (or maybe they were scared) though and didn't ask for much.

This past week when Jacob and Katelyn asked if they could have a lemonade stand...one of their bucket list items...my gut response was "No, Treyson is too little, and I have to feed him, and yada yada yada. Then it dawned on me, I'm pretty sure there will never be a perfect time, and I'm pretty sure I could always find some sort of excuse as to why it wasn't a good day/time. So I agreed to help them put together a lemonade stand.

We all survived! The kids had a great time, and made a lot of money.  Treyson was a perfect angel and slept 90% of the time. And my sisters and dad were there to help when I had to feed and when my hands were full. 

One fun thing down, several more to go! Here's to a summer of saying yes more than I find an excuse to say no.



No comments:

Post a Comment