Katelyn, herself, had a very successful volleyball season (her team not so much). It was very apparent that Katelyn had spent her life growing up in a gym and knew quite a bit about the game of volleyball. She did well with her overhand serve, had several good passes, and she even had some fun point saving plays in their win against Burlington.
Her aunts Dani, Emi, and Beth made the trip to watch her conference tournament. I think it is pretty safe to say she had the biggest cheering section, she even had posters. She's looking forward to next year, and I am looking forward to the team making some improvements so they can pull out a few more wins. :)
Katelyn:
I really had a great time playing volleyball. I enjoyed so many parts of the season, but if I had to choose a favorite, it would have to be the bus rides after. I have so many memories of cheering, and playing. One time we actually got into a cheer off with a team. I enjoyed huddling with the team, trying to make cheers. One of the best moments has to be our first, and only :), win against Burlington. The team was overjoyed. We exited that gym with smiles from ear to ear. Also I got to ride home with my grandparents. Practice was also bearable with the groups of laughing girls. My favorite practice is when the coaches had some girls lay starfish on one side of the gym, while the other girls tried to serve a ball to hit them. Luckily, no girl got hit in the face. One time we scrimmaged the 8th grade team. We were SOOOOO close to beating them. I loved volleyball and I can't wait to do it again next year.

















No comments:
Post a Comment