Monday, August 19, 2013

School Registration

Today was school registration for the kids.  With all the excitement in the house one might have thought it was Christmas morning.  I asked the kids to pose in front of the house with their supplies and backpacks, and I couldn't believe I didn't get any complaints.  They were chomping at the bit to get to the school.

As we walked down the halls to find their classrooms, Katelyn breathed out a sigh of relief  "Oh, it feels good to be back in these halls."  She loves school because it is a good mix of getting to see her friends and getting to be at home. While Jacob is excited for school, he wishes summer would last a little bit longer.  He enjoys lounging on the couch all day with no schedule :)

Both kids were welcomed with smiling faces by their teachers and Jacob even got several hugs from his. They were able to pick out their desks, put their supplies away, and get a feel of their new home for the next 9 months. Now they are looking forward to the first day of school...Katelyn so she can socialize, Jacob so he can get over his first day jitters.

Dallin had to wear a backpack to the school today as well.  He didn't want to be left out.  When he asked who his teacher was I said, "Mrs. Mom".  He got the biggest smile on his face and said, "Yeah, Mrs. Mom.  You can be my teacher."  I'm hoping to have a few structured things for him to do each day, and I plan on working more with him on his letters and numbers so he will be ready for preschool next year.






Tonight after we got home from activity days, I watered my flower beds.  Somehow Kinlee got outside and had some fun in the mud. She was so happy and proud of herself...she even loved it when Jason hosed her off.  Silly girl!






No comments:

Post a Comment