My little Jacob had his first cub scout pack meeting tonight. Even though he isn't technically a scout until Friday, they invited him to participate in the vegetable rain gutter regatta. I know nothing about scouting so Jacob will have to be my guinea pig. Tonight when he showed up with his hollowed out cucumber and sat it down next to all the others with sails and toothpicks and decorations and guys riding in them, I felt guilty that I didn't know more. He didn't seem to mind, and he even declined the suggestion of a last minute, make shift sail I came up with fashioned out of a ward harvest dinner invitation and a twig :) It all worked out great though and he won 2 out of the 3 races. He's looking forward to passing off requirements and earning badges and belt loops so he can decorate his shirt up. I can't believe we are here already. He shouldn't be old enough for this yet!


I ordered and overnight-ed his scout shirt, neckerchief, and belt so he could have them here in time for the activity. I know I am biased, but he looked so handsome all decked out in his cub scout paraphernalia.
He looked so grown up and so little all at the same time.
Even though he had no clue what he was doing he was able to join in the flag ceremony because he was dressed in his shirt.
doing some scout signal thing :)
listening to instructions
Kate cheering Jacob on
They had to blow their boats down the rain gutter. There were a couple of times I thought he was going to pass out. :)
Kinlee found rocks to play with eat
One last push to the finish line
The sweet joy of victory.
That is so crazy! I didn't even think about him being in cub scouts now! I do not like that he is turning into a little man, he needs to stop growing so fast.
ReplyDelete