When Kinlee went down for her morning nap, Dallin and I canned some tomato juice. It only turned out to be 3 quarts worth, but it was fun having Dallin as my helper. He was so cute running the juicer and talking my leg off. I miss the older kids while they are gone to school, but I love the time that Dal and I get to spend together alone. He is such a sweetheart under all that turkey!
He calls them somatoes. And as soon as I referred to the peels and seeds as guts, he was in heaven. The guts were his favorite part with the squishing somatoes down the chute being a close second.
Dallin says:
Our caterpillar, who the kids named Christian, is growing quite nicely. This morning he crawled to the top of jar and fixed himself to the netting in preparation for his metamorphosis. When the kids got home from school and discovered him up there, they got excited. Dallin came running down the hall yelling, "MOM! the calla pitter is getting ready to turn into a raccoon!" I was too busy keeping my giggles in to tell him that it was a cocoon not a raccoon. Boy is he in for a surprise. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment