Jacob chose to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Sunday September 1, 2013, and it was a such a special evening.
The night before, Jacob's tooth began to bother him really bad and his face was swollen on the left side (he had mentioned something about his tooth hurting on his birthday, but I just chalked it up to being in the gym too long and wanting to be home eating cake and ice cream because he didn't say much else about it after we got home). When he woke up in the morning (the day of his baptism), his face was so swollen he could barely see out of his eye. My dad was able to get a hold of the dentist in town and Jason took him down to have his tooth pulled. The rest of the morning was pretty miserable...he was in pain, and he was an emotional disaster. He was so nervous about people seeing him with a swollen face. He was even sure that people weren't going to recognize him. But after a nap, the pain subsided and he was really looking forward to his baptism. I even suggested that we move it to another night, but he wanted to do it then.
He looked so handsome dressed in white sitting next to his dad. I was so thankful to all the family who were there that night to support him. Bethany and Danielle came up from Laramie, and Janae and her family came over from Worland. Bishop Walker, the primary president Sister Mayes and Jacob's primary teacher Sister Sylvia Crosby also joined us. The program was perfect and the spirit was felt so strong. I hope Jacob will always remember that special day and how he felt as he made those promises with Heavenly Father. I'm so proud of Jacob !
Tonight as I layed in bed with Jacob, he gave me a hug and told me that he loved me. Then he told me that he loved Dad as much as he loves me but he loved Jesus even more. He immediately looked at me to make sure it didn't hurt my feelings, and of course it didn't....that's exactly what I want for him and that's what I told him. Hearing him express his love for our Savior brought such peace to my heart. Jacob is very quiet with his feelings and knowledge of the gospel...sometimes he doesn't like to let on he knows as much as he does, but tonight in the quiet of his room he let me in on the true feelings of his heart.




No comments:
Post a Comment