Monday, September 30, 2013

Jacob's Birthday

A month ago today my Jacob turned 8 years old.  I have always had him about the same age as Katelyn in my mind, but it still felt weird to have him be that old.  I remember quite vividly wondering if I was going to survive his first few years of life, and now he has turned out to be such a sweet, pleasant little boy who I love with all of my heart and more.

In true Jacob fashion, he typed up a list of presents he wanted a couple of months before his birthday. He changed or added a few things here and there, but for the most part he stuck to his guns about what he wanted. He got several things from his list, along with a couple of surprises that Jason and I had thought of for him.









Jacob is a funny little guy when it comes to opening presents.  Katelyn becomes all dramatic and ooohhhs and aahhs over each present as if it is her most favorite thing in the world.  Jacob barely even cracks a smile and doesn't even really say anything at all.  If we hadn't chosen things from his list that he said he wanted, I would for sure have guessed we'd gotten him a lump of coal.  His biggest reaction of the day was when he opened his goal posts and yard markers from Grandpa Brent and Grandma Shelly.  It was no surprise he deemed it his favorite birthday present ever....his very own football field! This was definitely the year of football and Denver Broncos for Jacob, but it was fitting because that's what he breathes, sleeps and eats.





He spent most of his birthday (Friday) in the gym watching Emilee play volleyball so he was anxious to bust open and use all his presents Saturday morning.  He had some neighborhood friends over to play football, it was a match made in heaven because they even had their own football gear.











I love my Jacob Brent, and I am so glad he came to our family 8 years ago.  He is such a big helper to me. He will run errands when I need him, he's always eager to help out in the kitchen, and he is so good with Kinlee. He loves to make people laugh and he loves when people make him laugh.

Watching and listening to Jacob laugh is the most infectious thing I have ever seen. I dare someone to try and stay in a bad mood while listening to him laugh.  He laughs so hard and with every part of his body that he can't even stand up.  He usually falls in a heap on the floor or leans against me for support.  Watching America's Funniest Home Videos with him is entertainment!

Jacob is very sensitive to the needs and feelings of others.  He doesn't like when others are left out or feeling bad...if he knows of something, it weighs on his mind.  He is always willing to give up something of his if he knows someone else would have to go without.  He hugs me all the time, kisses me on the cheek, and is constantly thanking me for every little thing I do for him...even things I thought for sure he wouldn't  notice I did.  He is going to make the best dad and husband someday! I have no doubt in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment