Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thursday

Other than morning chores and washing my bed, I didn't really have any plans for the day. The kids had cousins and friends to play with so I knew they would be preoccupied. I have been dragging emotionally the past couple of days so I figured I'd better get myself something to do to help the day go by faster.

I checked the garden to see if there were enough cucumbers to do a batch of pickles but there wasn't so I tackled the older kids' rooms. I cleaned, dusted and vacuumed every square inch of each room and rearranged furniture. Every time I do something like that, I am amazed at the amount of stuff in there.  Each kid is different though.

Katelyn is a pack rat. She holds on to every little sentimental paper/note/drawing and every little trinket she's ever been given. Plus she has been into the rubberband bracelet thing so there were a million and one random rubberbands scattered all around her room and in the darnedest of places. She is very clean though so the work in her room was finding places for all the knick knacks and gathering up all the loose rubberbands.

Jacob is the opposite. He doesn't really have that much stuff, but when he is asked to clean, he throws whatever it is into nearest receptacle/hiding spot. I found a dirty sock almost everywhere I cleaned/organized, and if it wasn't a sock, it was some other article of dirty clothing. He is also a late night candy sneaker/eater because I found lots and lots of wrappers lying around. The other day he played Legos on the ground in his room... legos and shag carpet are not a good mix. So I spent a good chunk of time fishing itty bitty blocks out of the strands of carpet.

It took 5 hours to get both rooms done, but it feels so good to know that it's all clean.

Then tonight I got sick of the toy closet disaster so I decided to tackle that as well. I was planning on waiting until the kids were back in school, but I was on a roll and was able to get it done fairly quickly.  I'm really tempted to lock the door and admire it at night when the kids are asleep. :)

Tonight was also the activity day girls Daddy, Daughter party.  It was a western hoedown theme.  They were supposed to dress as cowboys, so Jason and Katelyn dressed as Wyoming Cowboys.  They looked so cute and handsome. It sounds like they had a good time. They ate dinner, played games, took pictures, and learned a line dance.  They were kind enough to perform it for me when they got home.  Jason has been busier than ever with extra work, YM calling, a huge yard and garden to care for, but he made sure to have time to take Katelyn out to this...and with a smile on his face to boot.





He must really love his daughter because he was willing to miss the first Denver Broncos game of the season. I know it is just preseason, but it is Denver Broncos football.  When Jacob woke up this morning, it was pretty comparable to Christmas morning. When 5:30 hit, he was back on in full football mode.  He had his yard markers out. He had his football gear on. The ball was flying through the air.  He was back to not being able to sit still and yelling a the TV and running back and forth to tell me what was going on. It's pretty cute right now, but I may be singing a different tune in a month or two.









 FUMBLE!



Dallin was into it too at first...I think he mostly liked playing with his big brother, but he also took a few breaks to play dress ups with Kinlee. :)

she can rock the backwards look :)



 Kinlee tortures the cat all the live long day.
 i don't really care for her, the cat that is. so when I go outside, I make sure to have Kinlee with me because cookie runs away scared for her life...and rightfully so

 "I'll be your cowboy, princess Kinee"

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment