Monday, August 29, 2016

Monday

It was definitely Monday today, and as a result I am exhausted tonight. I feel like I am wearing cement shoes. Unfortunately and fortunately, I still have to spend some time tonight getting ready for Jacob's birthday, so there's no rest yet.

I spent my day ridding our house of the weekend bomb, laundry, watering our lawn and all the plants (which is a much harder task now that all of my babysitters are in school) canning tomatoes with Dolores for a lady in the community whose husband is ill, wrapping presents, making dinner and running kids around to their various activities. 

Sometimes I wish I could clone myself. I know that watering and cleaning and cooking aren't as important as spending time with my kids, but they are also things that have to be done, and I really struggle with finding the balance of it all.  

Tomorrow will be a good day though because I will be forced to slow down and focus on my Jacob Brent. 11 years ago I spent this night restless thinking about what was to come the next day. Now it's my boy in there trying his hardest to go sleep while birthday excitement makes it darn near impossible. 

 Kinlee was my "helper" today. I put the word helper in parentheses because it would have been much faster if I could have just done it myself, but her willingness to help is what counts!



No comments:

Post a Comment