Unfortunately Katelyn didn't win. She was sad but handled it very well. Jacob on the other hand was a little harder to console. I guess on the bus ride home, after the announcement of the winners had been made, one little boy said that he didn't vote for Katelyn because she looked funny in her glasses. Jake could hardly even get the words out to tell me he was so heartbroken about it. I hugged him as he sobbed while Katelyn stood next to me trying to comfort him too. He sure loves his big sister and best friend. He even told Jason that he wanted to punch the kid. I guess it doesn't matter that he is younger, he will always have Katelyn's back :) I'm pretty sure it's one of those "only I can tease and torment my sister....if anyone else tries it I'll beat them up" type things. I'm glad I have kids that like each other as much as they bug each other.
I don't have any pictures of Katelyn on election day or even any of her posters. I totally dropped the ball there. I know that she wore her lucky bra and underwear that day; however, I don't which ones they were and why they're lucky....I was too afraid to ask.
Here is Katelyn's speech
Hi! I’m Katelyn
A.K.A. Kate or Katie. My Grandma
and a lunch lady call me Katie Bugs, but I want you to call me President (hum the Presidential March)
That was awkward.
Anyway you get the picture!
Some election speeches are full of fancy words and
promises that can’t be kept, but that’s not what being a president is all
about.
A president is kind, responsible, a good listener,
and a problem solver.
These are all traits I feel I possess and would help
me be a good president for our school.
My mom tells me I am kind hearted. I don’t like to
see people sad or have hurt feelings. When I see someone sad, I want to help
them feel better.
I am very responsible. When I am given an assignment
or job I get it done as soon as possible.
I’m a good listener. I will listen to you whether
you just want to talk or have a suggestion or a concern.
I’m a good problem solver. I have 2 little brothers. I’ve gotten really
good at problem solving!
I can’t promise you pizza every day for lunch (even
though that’s a good idea)
Longer recesses (2 hours sounds good to me)
Or a field trip to Hawaii ALOHA!
But I can promise you this. I will do the best I can
to be a voice for the students at Lovell Elementary School.
MA HALO!
Why is it that Kindness...which I believe is the most basic Christlike virtue.....is not taught or at least stressed by those parents claiming to be teaching their families the Gospel? Has always amazed me....
ReplyDelete