Monday, March 10, 2014

Busy

As soon as life gets busy or I feel stressed, blogging is the first thing to go.

We spent the last two weekends at the Regional and State Basketball tournaments. When Emilee got hurt, I wasn't sure if I even wanted to go these tournaments, but the kids, mainly Jacob, still had their heart set on them and since it's pretty much the only "vacation" we do as a family, we decided to go.  It was nice to get away from the house and spend some time together as a family. The kids had a blast swimming every day we were there, eating most meals from the concession stand :), and hanging out with Grandpa and Grandma Reasch and Aunt Bethany and Danielle. The last night of state basketball wasn't quite as fun though.  Kinlee had an ear infection and cried all night.  That is frustrating in itself, but add being in a motel and it makes it almost unbearable. I couldn't stay in the room with her because she woke Jason and the kids up, and when I tried to take her out in the hall it echoed, and I felt like she was disturbing the hundreds of other people trying to sleep.  When Jason woke up at 3:30 we decided to load the car and head for home. We pulled out of there about 4:40 (which felt like 3:30 because it was the first night of daylight savings time) and got home about 8:30.  The kids slept the whole way home, but we are all still dragging and wishing we could stay home from school/work/responsibilities and catch up on some much needed sleep.

A couple of weeks ago our stake redid the ward boundaries.  This has added quite a bit of stress to my primary presidency calling.  We aren't as bad off as some of the other wards, but we still have several callings to fill, children to help feel welcome and a budget to work out and distribute.  After coming home from my 2 1/2 hour meeting today, I was ready to throw in the towel, but I know things will get better and I really do love serving in the primary with all my heart!

The snow has finally melted, and I was able to get out and do a little yard work today. I raked a couple of flower beds and swept the side walk.  It wasn't much, but it felt so good to be out there and to know that winter is pretty much behind us.

I have a few random pictures that I need to share, and then I am off to do some reading and sleeping.

 Dallin hoe-ing the snow
He wants to dress himself now.  He thinks as long as both thing are the same color, they match.  But most times he doesn't even care about that.

 I am so done with snow (like if we get anymore I may cry), but for some reason I can't bare to get rid of these snow flakes.  This winter Katelyn learned how to make some intricate snowflakes and since the beginning of December I have been displaying a few of them at a time at the top of my sliding glass door. I can't even count how many she has cut out these past 3 months, but I have loved every single one of them. 
When I do finally decide to take it down, I'm saving these masterpieces to display again next year. 
  


 We keep some our cold weather essentials in a drawer in the entryway.  Kinlee discovered that it was at her level and loved dressing herself up.


 Hands down, Katelyn wins the best biggest sister award. She is so patient with her little brothers and sister....way more patient than I am. Here she is letting them help her make chocolate cupcakes. She cracked the eggs, but she let Kinlee dump them into the mixer.

 One day while I was busy organizing the hall closet (p.s. that was my first spring cleaning chore and the only one I've done since then), Dallin entertained himself by building a blanket fort behind the couch and parking his cars in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment