Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Ideas

Sometimes I come up with ideas for things I want to do in my house and then I can't quit thinking about them until I drive myself crazy enough to just do it. For example, for the past several months I have wanted to take the doors off our pantry cupboard to expose the microwave and display some dishes. I talked about it for so long and then one day I tried it but immediately put them back on because...well, I don't really know why.  But then a couple of days later I still couldn't quit thinking about it so I took them off for good and have loved how it looks.

 I have also had a vision of a little board hanging by my stove/fridge area where I could display a couple of pictures of the kids' cooking and maybe a clip to hold a recipe or something.  I have gone out to the garage to find a scrap piece of wood more times than I can count, but then for one reason or another I talked myself out of it. Today, I just made myself do it. It took all of about 30 minutes and now I have a new fun little space in my kitchen.  So that's two down and about 20 more to go. Sometime in the near future I want to paint my front door, maybe do a plank wall in the entry way,  paint the interior of the garage door, paint the bar stools, arrange a collage of framed family pictures in the family room, make a time zone wall, add more decor to the mantle, paint the laundry room and add trim and cabinets...just to name a few.




No comments:

Post a Comment