Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sod

The reason for all the yard work talked about in previous posts was to get things ready to put some sod down in the back yard. And when I say some sod, I mean 20,000 sq ft (not quite an entire football filed, Jacob checked, but pretty close). The first semi was unloaded the morning of May 1st and the second in the afternoon.  In between the two deliveries, my mom and I got started putting it down on our hill.  I watched about 50 you tube videos on how to do it but was still a nervous wreck about it. When my mom came out to help, I knew it was going to be okay because she is wonder woman when it comes to yard work and everything she does turns out perfect.

We got quite a bit done for two old ladies, but it was kind of overwhelming to think about how much there was still left to do.  Thankfully the young men and few other people from our ward showed up bright and early Friday morning to help us, and we were able to finish off the rest of the lot in less than two hours.

Now it's been almost two weeks since we put it down, and it is greening up and taking root really well.  The kids are getting anxious to run around on it, and I am anxious to mow it :) But we'll all have to have wait a little bit longer.

Funny story: When the guy came back to drop off the second load, my mom and I were working on the hill. We started giggling, wondering what he was thinking about us two ladies, surrounded by 40 pallets of grass, doing this by ourselves. We made up a couple different scenarios in our heads, one included us being sister wives :)  When he brought the paper work up for me to sign, my mom asked him if he thought we would get it done by then end of the day. He used an expression I won't repeat, and then the asked, "Is it just you two?"  Thankfully we were able to tell him no, but we just weren't patient enough to wait for help.



No comments:

Post a Comment