Jacob was only excited, but Katelyn felt a mix of emotions on the last day of school. She is excited about middle school, but she was also feeling sad about leaving behind the people and the school she has grown to love over the past 5 years. She loved pretty much every second and every thing about going to school there.
Jacob does well at school, but doesn't enjoy it. He is more than happy to stay at home with nothing to do except what he wants all summer :)
They have both grown so much over this last school year...literally. They each grew an inch and half in height and Katelyn gained 7 lbs and Jacob gained 6 :)
There was an awards assembly held on the morning of the last day of school. Katelyn got 3 awards: A Sunshine award (Mr. Lundberg nominated her and said the nicest things about her), a presidential award, and her peer mediator award. She also got to sing, dance, and play the recorder with the ensemble that she practiced with every morning before school. I got choked up a few times. I wish I could be as happy and as much of a go getter as she is!
The rest of the day was spent celebrating with friends. Jacob went over to his friend Carson's house for lunch and a water fight, and Katelyn had her friend Aubrey Peterson over for pizza and to hang out. Katelyn was disappointed to find out she didn't get her middle school schedule like she was hoping, but Jacob was ecstatic to find out that he got Mrs. J. May for his teacher next year and to make it even better so did his best buddy Carson.
Favorite Memory:
Katelyn-She didn't even have to give it a second thought. Her favorite memory was when Mr. Lundberg ripped the seat of his pants in front of the entire class. It's been a few months since it happened and she still just busts out in random laughter about it. She promises it is something she will never EVER forget!
Jacob-said his was Fun Day specifically the obstacle course. He ran through it 13 times...he says that's a school record. (By the way, I totally dropped the ball on documenting Fun Day. I only took the video camera, and I didn't even snap a picture with my phone. But it happened and the kids had fun. I had "fun" wrangling Dallin and then walking to the theater with the 5th grade to watch Toy Story 3.)













No comments:
Post a Comment