Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Rocket Launch

"This day feels like a dream to me!"

That's what Katelyn told me when she woke up on the day of her rocket launch. To say she was excited would be an understatement.  I think this is the first day all school year that I didn't have to wake her up.  She came bouncing into my room all by herself, raring to get ready.

Other things she said that morning.
"I can't believe this day is finally here!
"I remember watching the 5th graders launch their rockets every year I've been in elementary school, and I wondered if it was ever going to be my turn."
"I was worried that we were going to move away before I got to do this!"

The last thing she said made my stomach flip was, "I was one of the first ones done with my rocket. I hope I put everything together the right way." :)

This day meant so much to her. I knew that if for some reason, her rocket didn't work she would be devastated!  Silly as it may seem, I was a nervous wreck until the moment her rocket left the launch pad and sailed into the sky.

Jason joked around with her in the weeks leading up that if she didn't catch her rocket, she wouldn't pass 5th grade.  I'm thinking she half believed him. But much to Jason's dismay, she was able to catch her rocket no problem. She was on cloud 9!

I'm so glad this day turned out to be everything she wanted it to be!















No comments:

Post a Comment