Friday, October 24, 2014

Dallin's Birthday

It is completely mind boggling to me that Dallin is 5 years old. For starters, if you were to ask me 3 years ago, I would have doubted that we'd both make it to this day :) Plus I have my kids in two groups, the older kids and the babies. I always have in my mind that Jacob is as old as Kate because they are so close in age.  But I have actually done the opposite for Dallin.  Since his closest playmate in age is younger than him, I've kind of kept him baby-ish in my mind.  But he will be the first to tell me he is not a baby, he is a big boy. And he is right!

Jason took the day off to spend Dallin's birthday at home. We started the morning off with present opening before Katelyn and Jacob left for school, and then Dallin spent the remaining time before preschool playing with all of his new things.  He got a soccer goal and ball, paw patrol toys, a fire truck, a couple books, and a play dough set.  Shopping for him was easy. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he told me "Whatever you want to get me."  I declared him my favorite child that very moment. :)

He chose chocolate chip cookies for his birthday treat to share with his friends at school, and he had fun celebrating with them. After school we made a stop at Red Apple to pick up some things for the evening so Dallin chose deli chicken strips as his lunch.

We spent the rest of the afternoon playing, decorating the cake, and tidying he the house.

 After the kids got home from school, we went to Emilee's volleyball game. Then Grandma and Grandpa Reasch treated us to Blimpies after the game. 

Melissa and her family were in town so it was a pretty full house and fun party for cake and ice cream. He loved playing with cousins and aunts until it was way past everyone's bedtime.  Thank goodness there was no school the next day. He ended the night with a sleep out in the family room in the tent he got from Grandma and Grandpa. 

I am so thankful for Dallin.  He is my best buddy during the day. He will visit with me more than any of my other kids have. He is such a sweetheart, and tells me I'm beautiful or loves what I am wearing all the time. 

He is very polite. He is a very good at ignoring people, but he almost always remembers his manner words. :)

Dallin is one of the hardest working kids I know. He will stick with a task until it is done. He loves to help Jason and I with whatever we are doing whether it is mowing the lawn, cleaning the garage or baking cookies.
Dallin rarely wears shoes. He can run down our dirt road full speed without even flinching. I'm pretty sure the bottom of his feet are leather.

 He loves to be outside. 

He is a super picky eater, but he eats a lot of what he likes. 

He still loves to play trucks and cars and build train tracks.  He is getting pretty darn good at putting together elaborate tracks by himself.  

Dallin loves his little sister Kinlee. He takes good care of her and watches out for her, and my favorite thing is when he talks in his sweet high pitched voice to her. 

Dallin likes to be funny and loves to make other people laugh.  He also has the best laugh in the world.  It is pretty much impossible to not giggle yourself at the sound of his laugh. 

I'm so proud of what Dallin has accomplished this year with school.  He has had to do several things that have felt scary to him, but he did them.  He is also becoming more compliant and is able to talk things through with me. 

He truly is a joy to have and be around. He makes our family so happy.

We love you Dallin Lee Bischoff, and we are so glad you came to our family 5 years ago!






 He is wearing the cute little paw patrol badge Katelyn made for him :)








No comments:

Post a Comment