Tonight we carved our pumpkins into Jack-o-lanterns. Even though we will miss out on Halloween at home because of Regional volleyball. I knew we better not skip out on carving. The kids look forward to the tradition all year long. We grew our own pumpkins again this year (we have for the past 4 years). I love not having to go to the store to get them. Plus there is enough for people to do as many as they want, and there are also lots of fun shapes and sizes.
Katelyn carved a couple and was done, but Jacob and Dallin stayed at it for quite a while. Jacob carved one for Kinlee and she was as proud as she had done it herself. I carved a couple in between cleaning out all the kids' pumpkins, and Jason busted out the power tools for his.
Now they are all sitting out on our porch glowing for the whole neighborhood to see, and our kitchen looks like a pumpkin blew up in it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment