This year I put together a back to school feast for our kids the night before school started. I can't technically call it our "annual" feast because I skipped it last year, but I did do it the year before, and I hope to keep it up. Starting a new school year is an important thing, full of lots of emotions, and is something, in my opinion, that needs celebrating.
For dinner we had shake n bake chicken, rice, bread and butter, and fruit...not exactly a feast, but it's what my kids like. We fancied it up by eating by candle light and the kids wore their crowns (that I brought home from our trip to Burger King earlier that day :) ) Along with the dinner, I chose a theme for us to focus on this school year-Matthew 5:16. I talked to the kids about how they can be a light to those around them and how that is one of the best ways to do missionary work. They each got a glow stick necklace to wear and a copy of the theme to put in their backpack/locker.
We ended the night with a fire in our fire pit and smores for dessert.






No comments:
Post a Comment