*Cookie Morgan Banks Bischoff, the newest member of our family. For the first time in over 2 years, we have a pet at our house (that isn't a rock...yes, we have had a pet rock in the past...named fluffy chicken strips. I can't make this stuff up. We are a weird kind of people :))
Anyways, I saw a post on the Facebook classifieds awhile ago that my aunt had some kittens to give away. When I first saw them, I thought to myself "those are really cute kittens and would make my kids so happy". I tried to make myself forget about it because I am not an animal person, but it didn't work. I watched as each of the kittens were given new homes. A couple of days ago, I noticed she was down to one last kitten. I knew that if I was going to get one, I had to do it now. So I checked with Jason, and he thought it was good idea (although he was very shocked that I thought it was a good idea). I texted my aunt Michelle last night, and she said we could have the last one. The kids were excited. They wanted to go get her at 9:30, but I made them wait until this morning. Funny thing, the kids were up bright and early this morning and got all of their chores done without me having to say anything to them. :)
On Wednesday while we were up seeing Jason for lunch, I swung by the Restore to check out the stock and saw that they had a small dog house for sale. I remembered it last night and knew it would be the perfect shelter for our new friend. We made a quick trip to Powell to get the house and some cat food, and then we picked up the kitten. She was a perfect angel on the ride home. She just let the kids hold her and hardly made a peep. The kids spent the rest of the day setting up her house and food and playing with her and letting her explore her new home.
Katelyn is on cloud 9. I haven't seen her this happy giddy in a long time. She has held and hugged that cat almost non stop since we got her home. Jacob loves her too and calls her pretty kitty, but isn't quite as lovey on her as Kate is. Kinlee loves the cat like a 2 year old knows how to and that means squealing at it, chasing after it to grab her tail, and trying to pick her up by the neck. She got scratched once, but that didn't stop her from trying again. Dallin on the other hand got scratched during a botched hand off to Kinlee and is now kind of nervous around the cat...he still loves her and talks in a baby voice to her, but he isn't trying to haul her around like he was before. And me, I don't want to hold it or cuddle it, but I think it is such a cute little thing. I love how happy it makes my kids...especially my Kate. I even let the kitten in the house for a minute. I know, I can't believe it either. I didn't let Katelyn put her down, but I let her bring her in the house to sit on the chair. What can I say, I'm getting soft in my old age. :)
Katelyn had a hard time going to sleep tonight, knowing that there is a possibility the kitten runs away from home. She said, "I hope she doesn't run away. If I wake up in the morning and she isn't there, I don't even know what I'll do with myself." That made my stomach sink. Not only do I not like pets because I am not an animal person, but I also know how it makes my kids feel when they run away or die...its miserable...for everyone. So I looked Cookie Morgan Banks Bischoff square in they eye tonight and begged her to stay put. Hopefully she'll listen.
*A name like Cookie Morgan Banks Bischoff deserves an explanation. She was named before we even picked her up. After Michelle told us last night that we could have the kitten, I showed the kids a picture of her. She is black and white so one of the kids suggested OREO. One of them didn't like that so they decided on Cookie instead. Dallin wanted to name her Morgan because Bischoff's cat is named Morgan. He and Jacob bickered back and forth about it, and then they came to an agreement to make it her middle name...so we called her Cookie Morgan Bischoff for a while. Then when we were on our way to get the cat Jacob suggested that we have her keep her maiden name as well, those were his words exactly...I didn't even know he knew what maiden name meant. I thought it was about the cutest thing ever and I knew we couldn't call her anything but Cookie Morgan Banks Bischoff. The End.








No comments:
Post a Comment