Wednesday, August 26, 2015

1st Day of School

The morning I have been dreading since Dallin "graduated" from preschool has come and gone.  Not only have I been sad for myself missing him while he was away at school, but I have also been worried about his anxiety and that he would be scared and make himself sick.  But once again I worried for no reason.  For starters he wanted to ride the bus...he didn't even want me to take him to school on the FIRST day.  Thankfully, he agreed to let me take him so I could take a picture and make sure he got there safe.

When we pulled up to the school after dropping Katelyn off, he hopped right out of the car waved bye, told me he'd miss me and was on his way. I had to call him back for a picture.  I did my best to hold back the tears, but I wasn't completely successful.  Jacob saw me so that made him sad and start to tear up.  Dallin wasn't affected at all by it though.  When I was done with pictures he ran off to start playing on the grass field.  Jake pulled it together after he was with his friends and he spent the entire time before the bell rang helping Dallin feel included.  Jason and I and the littles, stayed and watched them play until the bell rang and they were in the school.

I had a couple of complete emotional breakdowns throughout the morning, but I had to get it under control because Treyson had a doctors appointment.  Then I kept busy by canning corn until it was time to get Dallin from school.  He says he had a good time and hopes he can go back tomorrow.  His favorite part was recess, and he was a little disgusted that they didn't go to anything outside the classroom (like PE or Music).

Jacob had a good first day and unlike Dallin spent most of his day outside of the classroom. They have a lot of specials on Wednesday and start swimming next week.  He loved being with his friends and thinks Mrs. Winland is pretty cool.  I have a feeling this is going to be a good year for him. Flag football should be starting up pretty soon, and he is really looking forward to that.

Katelyn also had a good first day of 7th grade but having practice right after school, with no break, made for a long day.  She had volleyball practice Monday and Tuesday, but she hadn't sat through 7 hours of school prior (just 7 hours of TV) so she was definitely ready to be home when 5:00 rolled around.  She is in the Music Performance class, and is in love with it. She'll get to be in 2 plays this year which is right up her alley.  She didn't get to be home for very long tonight because she had mutual. She is learning really quick that growing up means more demands on your time.  She handles it well though with her bubbly personality.
















In addition to the first day of school, this evening was also Jacob's cub scout rain gutter regatta. Jason helped him get a pepper "boat" with a corn husk sail ready, and it was his best one to date.  He won a couple of races and had a good time. I told him to get ready in his scout uniform while I was gone to get Katelyn from practice.  He asked if he could just wear his shorts with his scout shirt and I told him that would be fine. When I got home, he was in his shirt (which was tucked in mind you) and jeans with a belt.  When I questioned why he wasn't wearing his shorts he said, "Because I knew you would rather me be in jeans."  :)



He was one of only 3 boys that wore their scout shirt tonight so he got lead he flag ceremony.  If I hadn't been trying to get Dallin and Kinlee to settle down, I would have recorded it.  He looked so handsome up there!

Dallin says:
Dallin came with me when I went to pick Jacob up from school.  As we were driving he said to me "I really need to shave my legs."  I told him that only girls shave their legs and boys just leave them hairy, but he told me he didn't want his hairy. He wanted to shave them like he does when he is at Grandma Shelly's house.

"You know those times when you had activity days or something to do and you would take me to Grandma's house and she would adopt me...that's when I would shave my legs, and now I am addicted to it."

I love that he said adopted me instead of babysit. And the shaving that he is talking about is a little tub set my mom has. Every kid that has played with that thing loves it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment