Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Back to School Feast 2015

Tonight we had our annual back to school feast. It is something that I look forward to. It's pretty much the only thing happy about sending my kids back to school.  They each got a crown with their name on it and a balloon tied to their chair with their grade written on it.  We had a yummy dinner of steak, baked potatoes, salad, rolls and strawberries.











I introduced our new school year theme, which is BE KIND.  I have been thinking for several weeks what I wanted it to be, and I kept coming back to kindness. I gave a short lesson and we had a family discussion about the importance of being kind to everyone.  I made a couple of little reminders to display at home and at school. I hope it helps them. They are already really good kids, but there is always room for a little more kindness.




For dessert we had brownies (made my Jacob and Dallin) and ice cream. I lit a candle in each brownie and the kids made a wish for the new school year. Even though I am sad to send them away from me each day, we really are so blessed to have such good schools for our kids to attend. And I hope they know how lucky they are to be given the opportunity to receive an education. It is definitely something worth celebrating.



As he tucked each kid in bed, Jason gave them all a priesthood blessing. I am so grateful to have the priesthood in my home. I know these blessings will give them strength when things get tough. I had a major meltdown when Dallin told me he would miss me so much while he is at school. I am really hoping I can keep it together until he is out of view tomorrow.

I still haven't printed Kate's pictures for her yet, and I need to do a little more tidying before the big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment