Thursday, August 20, 2015

Mustang Days

Mustang Days is one of my favorite things about summer. I love the activities but mainly just the feeling of the time of year and the memories.  This is the first year in a long time that Melissa hasn't been here with her family, and we definitely missed them! 

This year was Jason's 20 year reunion.  He totally bagged on his 10, but for some reason decided he would go to his 20.  I was nervous to go with him because I am not much of a social person, but it ended up being a fun time visiting with people. My sisters were nice enough to take our kids to family fun night so they wouldn't have to miss out on the fun while we were are the reunion dinner...that part was nice, maybe we should have a reunion every year. :)

The kids did the kiddie parade, except for Katelyn because she isn't much of a kiddie anymore. Once again my family came to the rescue. My mom met them at the start, walked with them in the parade and then brought them back to the drug store. Jason road on his class float, and I had 12 day old Treyson, so I was very grateful for the help!




The kids had fun watching the parade and made a haul on candy. Jacob made a sign that told Jason to throw candy to him, and it worked because Jason unloaded pretty much an entire bag of frooties when he passed by. 









The rest of the day was spent eating BBQ sandwiches, watching Dani & Emi play in the volleyball tournament, and we ended the day with fireworks at Horseshoe Bend. It was a wonderful Mustang Days 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment