Monday, August 24, 2015

School Registration

Today was school registration for the kids. This day is almost anticipated as much as the first day of school at our house.

As the time has gotten closer to school starting, Dallin has become more and more nervous.  This morning when he woke up, he cried from his bed for me to come get him...he hasn't done that in months. He was pretty quiet as he got ready. I was starting to feel nervous that he was going to have some of his anxiety, but he pulled it together and did a good job.  He wasn't very talkative to people in the halls (it was a bit overwhelming even for me), but when he got to Mrs. Tillett's room, he opened right up to her.  I think she is going to be our saving grace when the days get long for him. His grade is very lopsided when it comes to the girls to boy ratio. In his class, there are 5 boys and 10 girls and in the class next time him there are 13 girls and 3 boys. As I glanced at the other two classes I noticed similar numbers. Jason promises me that he will be grateful for these odds as he becomes older. I just hope he can make some good friends. He has two girls from his preschool class sitting only a couple of seats away from him, so I hope it makes him feel comfortable seeing familiar faces. By the end of registering time, he was ready to go home....like whining, border line tears. It will be interesting to see how it goes for him.




Jacob woke up chomping at the bit to go to registration and wasn't very happy when I wasn't ready to go right at 9:00. Part of it was, that's just his personality, the other part of it was he wanted to make sure he got a desk right next to buddies.  Somehow the stars aligned and Jacob got his two very best friends, Carson and Parker in his class AGAIN this year. I thought for sure it would be recommended that they be split up because they can be a chatty bunch, but he lucked out.  I wanted to tell him to take back his huffs and puffs of disgust from this morning because they both walked in the classroom about 10 mins after we did. They are all sitting by each other, and us moms bet it wouldn't be long before there are rearrangements made :)  Jacob is looking forward to all the "fun" projects in 4th grade and thinks he already has an idea for his Science Fair project...imagine that. We also got him signed up for all the sports he wants to play...flag football, volleyball and basketball. I have a feeling its going to be a good year for my Jakey boy!




Katelyn didn't technically have registration, but we had to drop off her sports physical and other paper work so we all went in and admired while she decorated her locker.  She loves her locker combination so much better this year because the numbers are closer together so it takes less time to open it up :) We also got her a different style back pack that will hopefully fit in her locker better.  I dropped the ball and didn't have pictures printed up for her, so I will have to get on that tomorrow. She is happy to not be the youngest in the middle school anymore. Kate also had her first volleyball practice today. I can't believe we are here with her.  It seems like I should still be watching Emilee play middle school sports. Then this evening we had parent meeting for volleyball and parent meeting for school so it has been a very busy day.  At least I know my kiddos are all settled and prepared to start the new school year. All that's left is our back to school feast tomorrow night and of course printing out a few pictures.





I hadn't originally planned on putting Kinlee in preschool this year, but today we got a letter in the mail saying that she had been placed in the 10:30-12 class for the 3 year olds.  I had mentioned in her spring screening that I may be interested in it for her so I guess they took that as a yes. It is only 2  days a week for an hour and a half, and she is excited about it so we are going to give it a try. She is looking forward to picking out a new back pack and actually getting to stay and play at the school where she only got to drop Dallin off. It's crazy to think for a couple short periods of time during the week, I will go from having 5 kids at home to just 1. Whatever will I do with my free time :)





No comments:

Post a Comment