One morning a few days ago he came into our room ticked that the sun was coming out. He said he wanted to sleep some more but couldn't because it was starting to get light outside. "I tried to sleep, but it is stinking gosh morning!" Then he repeated it about 20 more time in disgust. I don't know how or when he came up with that combination of words, but it had me in hysterics.
At lunch time on Monday he asked for some leftover mashed potatoes and gravy and a roll with butter on the inside. I got him his roll while the potatoes and gravy were warming up. He took one bite, and said, "Hmmm needs mustard." We both busted up laughing. It's a line from one of his favorite books Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog, but I thought it was hilarious that he used it on me.
And just today after drinking a few cups of apple juice he discovered he could hear the juice sloshing around in his stomach when he moved. Then for the next 20 mins or so I had to sit on the couch and listen to the juice sloshing while he ran laps around the family room, flopped around on the couch and danced. He made sure to check every few seconds that I could truly hear it. If I paused a millisecond before for answering or didn't sound convincing enough, he made sure to wiggle closer to me so I could hear it. :) It was a very entertaining afternoon.

No comments:
Post a Comment