Thank goodness tomorrow is the weekend because I need a break (what makes it even better is that it is one of my two favorite weekends out of the year) . This morning I had to have all 4 kids ready and out the door by 7:45 because Katelyn and Jacob had dentist appointments at 8:00. Those took an hour and 45 minutes...about 45 minutes longer than I had planned. Kinlee and Dallin did pretty good sitting in the waiting room for that long, but I still felt like I had been mauled by cats by the time I loaded everyone up in the car and dropped the numb-mouthed kiddos off at school.
Then I came home started washing Dallin's bed (he had an accident last night), tidyed up the breakfast mess that got left out in our rush this morning, fed the kids lunch, put Kinlee down for a nap, made cookies for Emilee and Lauren as a thanks for coaching Katelyn's team, made a loaf of banana bread to take to a sweet lady whose mother recently passed away, paid the bills, picked the kids up from school, dropped the banana bread off and visited and hugged for a few minutes, put my bedding in the wash, helped Jacob with his homework, tidyed the house again, washed Kinlee up (she had escaped outside and was playing in the mud), gathered up cameras and kids, went to Katelyn's basketball game, came home and made dinner, cleaned up dinner, put the sheets on my bed, and now I am sitting down at the computer to document this tiring day. :)
Tonight was Katelyn's last basketball game of her 5th grade little league season...three down, one more to go. She did a good job. She hustled, she scored a few points, she was aggressive, and she smiled and waved a lot. Emilee was her coach again this year, and having her aunt as the coach (plus Lauren who she watched play HS basketball all season) was the icing on the cake for Kate. I am so thankful those girls were willing to help out! Jason wasn't able to make it to the game tonight so I tried to video it and take pictures of it and sometimes both at the same times. Due to that and the fact that my kids are wild and can't sit still for a second, I didn't get very good pictures. Thanks to both mine and Jason's parents who helped me wrangle the kids. I wouldn't have gotten any video or pictures (even blurry ones) if it weren't for them!









No comments:
Post a Comment