Monday, April 21, 2014

Road Trip

I have things that I need to post about like Kinlee's Birthday and Easter events, but I am too tired to sift through all the pictures for that tonight.  So I'll post out of order about our "road trip" today.  After spending the entire Easter break working in the yard, the kids were ready to do something fun.  Jacob asked last night if we could take a road trip to Billings, and even though it meant I was going to be out with all 4 kids by myself, I was happy to oblige him.  I even threw a few surprises in there for fun. We went to Chuck-E-Cheese, had a picnic in the car of Little Ceasars Pizza, walked around Toys R Us and then ended the day with ice cream at DQ.

The kids were so ecstatic when we pulled into the Chuck E Cheese parking lot...well the older two were. I'm pretty sure they figured something like that was out of the question so they were completely surprised and began cheering and jumping around.  Kinlee is too little to know anything about Chuck E Cheese and Dallin was dealing with car sickness or anxiety or something that was making his stomach hurt. I thought for sure he was going to toss his cookies in the car or the parking lot or the line to buy tokens, but after he started playing games and riding rides he snapped out of it.

We played there for about an hour and half.  Katelyn and Jacob were so good about helping with Kinlee and Dallin, and Kinlee and Dallin were really good about staying by me.  There was no fighting and everyone, including me, left happy and smiling.

I knew better than to push my luck at a sit down restaurant, so we grabbed a hot and ready pizza and some crazy bread and ate in the car while we visited.

After that we took a stroll through Toys R Us where Dallin had his one and only meltdown of the day.  He wasn't very happy that we were leaving without buying anything, but he quickly got over it.

I told the kids we needed to all the use bathroom before we headed home and Dairy Queen seemed like the perfect place to do that. :) And since we were there I figured we may as well get an ice cream for the trip home.

The kids thought it was "the best day of their lives" and thanked me a million times for all the fun.  I thanked them too for being so easy to please...all it took was about 50 bucks and few hours to make their spring break successful!

Hopefully they'll remember today when we're back filling sprinkler trenches and picking up more rocks next weekend :)


We brought the Frozen soundtrack to listen to. 10 songs for 3 hours...you do the math. If I didn't have to have both hands on the steering wheel, I would have been doing the same thing Dallin was. :)

 This was Kinlee's favorite thing to ride on...I think she spent 15 tokens here :) Dallin liked it too because he got to mooch a free ride :)







No comments:

Post a Comment