Saturday, April 5, 2014

Our Saturday

Conference was so good today.  And just like every other time I listen, I desire to be better and make my life more as Heavenly Father would have of me. A few of my favorites were from Elder Holland, Elder Scott, and Elder Nelson. I can't wait to hear more tomorrow. 

Before and in between each of the sessions Jason worked outside tilling and leveling the back yard...Kinlee and Dallin thought it was great fun. Then this evening we had all the kids out picking up rocks while I raked a little and tried to design how I want things to look. I think the kids enjoy picking rocks up as much as I enjoy trying to figure yard things out.  I am no good at it, and it stresses me out.  



Tonight while I was cleaning up dinner, I could hear Kinlee whimpering in the family room.  It was kind of weird cry so I hurried out to see what was wrong. When I got out there, she ran over to me and pointed to her nose.  I touched it and could tell that she had shoved something clear up there. I immediately freaked out (because Jason was there and I didn't have to be the brave one) and handed her off to Jason. He got out the flashlight and tweezers and got to work.  Sure enough...she had bitten one of Jacob's erasers to pieces and shoved it up her nose. A little bit later, after stories and bedtime snack, she was lying in bed with Dallin and sneezed another piece out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that was the last of it and there isn't more lurking up there. 

When I asked Dallin about it (he was with her watching Dora in the family room when it happened), he told me that he saw Kinlee stick something orange and black up her nose but he didn't know what it was.  He said that he saw it in her nose and then she "stuck her finger in and pushed it up".  I asked him why he didn't come tell me she was doing it, he shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't know."  I let him know that if he ever saw her doing that again he needed to come tell me immediately.  I am so thankful that we didn't have to make an E.R. visit tonight. And I'm extremely grateful that Jason decided to stay home and listen to the priesthood session at home so he could take charge. I know I could have handled it if he would have gone, but it was extremely nice to not have to.

After a late night and an early morning, I am ready for bed. And that's exactly what I am going to go do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment