Today was another beautiful day...even better than yesterday because the wind wasn't blowing. As soon as my main chores were done this morning, I bundled up the kids and headed out to the porch to watch them ride bikes and run around. After a few minutes of being outside we quickly realized that bundling up was not even necessary. The sun was shining so bright and radiating off our cement siding that I was actually sweating. Dallin was in shorts and was completely comfortable. After bubble blowing and playing with the kids for a while I let the kids continue on their own while I cleaned a few of the windows. I was in heaven!
While I was in the house retrieving some another roll of paper towels, I got a call from the school saying that Jacob had thrown up and needed to come home. He had kind of a whiny morning and laid down with a bowl a couple of times, but I figured it was his normal stomach hurt and he would be okay once he got to school. I guess he threw up in the garbage can on his way down to the nurse. He looked kind of pale when I picked him up, but he got into tub as soon as we got home and perked up quite a bit. Then he ate a whole can of chicken noodle soup and a chocolate cupcake and felt completely better. I don't know what to make of it. I keep wondering in the back of my mind if this is something more and if we need to get him checked out, but as soon as I mention taking him to the doctor he starts to freak out. Just like all the other times, I guess I'll see what tomorrow brings. It is nice having him home though. He keeps Dallin entertained. As soon as Jacob felt better, Dallin whisked him away to play something out in the family room. Of course, there was fighting, but there was also lots of playing (and mess making, heaven help me).
When Jason got home from work, I took the older kids to the book fair at the school. They each picked out a couple of books they wanted, and we brought one home for Dallin and Kinlee. We cooked and ate dinner, visited with Emi, read the new stories, got the kids in bed, and now Jason is at his city league game and I am finishing up laundry, blogging, and preparing my sharing time.
Hopefully Jacob is feeling better and can go to school tomorrow. It's breakfast with buddies so that will help him be more excited about it anyway. I know I can hardly wait! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment