Today was Katelyn's 5th grade talent show. She played the guitar and sang "Let it Go" from the movie Frozen and did a wonderful job. She found the lyrics and the chords online and taught herself. She memorized it after only a couple of times through it. I was so proud of her. As I stood at the back of the gym watching her through the video camera, I felt myself getting choked up...for a couple of reasons. One, I cannot believe that my baby girl is a 5th grader. And two, I was in awe that she was brave enough to get up in front of all those people and perform. I know I wouldn't have done it when I was her age. What am I talking about, I wouldn't even do it now or ever. She is fearless and isn't afraid to try new things or step out of her comfort zone (except for when it comes to food of course). I wish I could be more like her. Her favorite part was when some of the kids started singing along with her. She felt like a rock star, and she was in my opinion.
She also performed a couple of songs with her recorder ensemble. Jason brought it to my attention tonight that Katelyn knows how to play the piano, the guitar and two kinds of recorders and she can sing to boot.
This morning was crazy, and I didn't have time to get pictures of her before we walked out the door. She let me snap a picture of her after school while she was playing with the silly putty she got in her Valentine's day mailbox.
And Dallin didn't want to be left out so he asked if I would take one of him too.
Jason says:
I forgot to add this tidbit with the post yesterday. After work, Jason went out to scrape the snow and ice off the porch. Dallin came to the sliding glass door and asked, "What are you doing, Daddy?" Jason being the turkey that he is responded, "Building a rocket ship." Dallin rushed off to tell Katelyn and Jacob, "Guys, come quick Dad is building a rocket ship!" All the kids raced to the door to see if it was true :) Jason made up for it by building a really cool snow tunnel/sled ramp instead :)



No comments:
Post a Comment