Because the kids get something in their mailbox for the first 14 days of February, I don't feel the need to go all out for Valentines. We send them some balloons and call that good. Katelyn and Jacob came home from school with theirs, but Kinlee and Dallin had to wait until later that evening. When theirs finally arrived, they were very excited to say the least. Kinlee jumped and and danced around with hers for quite a while. It reminds me of the time when Dallin was little and loved his balloons.
The rest of the weekend was spent in complete laziness. Jason left the house a couple of times to run to the store, but other than that we sat around the house and watched the Olympics, cooked meals and talked about things we could go do. It doesn't matter if we are busy doing things or sitting around doing nothing the time seems to fly by. When Sunday night rolls around it's hard for me to wrap my mind that Jason's weekend off is already over.
Today was beautiful outside (minus the wind, but I live in Wyoming so it is expected). It was around 50 degrees, and the sun was out for most of the day. A lot of the snow melted off our front lawn and the flower beds. I rolled the windows down while I waited for the kids to get out of school, and I went out on the porch bare foot to grill the steak. Tonight when Jason left work at 6:00 there was still a hint of daylight left. This is when I start getting really antsy for spring and summer. Its so close I can taste it. I think I might just make it out of this winter after all.


No comments:
Post a Comment