Today:
*Dallin painted a ceramic, actually I think it's plaster, barn for Emilee. When I got out the paints for him, I noticed we still had a few of these laying around so I asked him if he wanted to paint one instead of paper. He said he wanted to if he could paint it for Emilee. He worked really hard on it and used about 50 times more paint than he needed. He kept eyeing it and then saying "Oh! I missed a spot." We learned a lot about what colors are made by mixing others together. When he was almost done he said, "I can't wait to give this to aunt emi. It might make her happy...and better!"
*I got my weekly Taco Johns fix on our lunch date with Jason
*I used a tip that I found on pinterest. I had some towels that smelled kind of funky even though I had washed them several times, so I gathered them up and put them back into the washer with a little bit of detergent and a cup of white vinegar in the bleach compartment. I was a little nervous that they were going to come out smelling like pickles, but when the washer finished, there was no vinegar smell to be found. In fact they smelled wonderful. They hold the smell of the dryer sheet so much better now. I'm kind of tempted to gather every towel in the whole house and wash them this way.
*I cooked chicken alfredo for dinner. I love how it tastes, but I hate how it makes me feel after I eat it....both I'm sure have to do with cube of butter, pint of cream, and bag of cheese it takes to make it, not to mention all the carbs of the pasta. I think I am taking it off the monthly menu and moving it to an every once in a while when we need a break from the same old same old.
*I helped Katelyn with her piano piece. She is doing such a good job with it. She pretty much has it perfect. I will be happy when Saturday morning is over and we can be done with Part of Your World for a while.
*I was proud of Jacob! We have had great drop-offs every morning this week. He told me Monday that he was shooting for no tears this week, and he's made it happen. I can tell it's something that he's working really hard on. When it's time for him to get out of the car, I watch him put his game face on and be happy.
*I wasn't as patient as I should have been. Every day I tell myself that I am going to keep it together throughout the craziness of dinner and the time before bed, but I always end up losing it a couple of times. I need to figure something out though. Katelyn and Jacob have so few hours home with me during the school week, and I don't want to regret any of it. Tonight I must have been showing some frustration because Jacob said to me, "Sometimes having kids isn't very much fun!" That broke my heart! Yes, there are some hard times but nothing brings me greater joy!
I'll end with a Dallin says:
"Mom, do you want to play hide and ho seek?"

No comments:
Post a Comment