My Jacob is about the most tender-hearted little boy you'll ever meet. He is always looking out for others and is constantly concerned about others' feelings. There is a little girl in his class who is allergic to several things, and for Valentine's day he wanted to get his class a treat that could be for everyone. He did not like the idea of getting his classmates something and then getting the girl with the allergies something else because he didn't want her to feel left out or make her feel different. So he designed his own Valentine (on a piece of notebook paper first), and typed it up on the computer. He wants to buy smarties (because he is calling them a number 1 student) and put them with each card to pass out to his friends. I told him that we could go to the store and pick up a box of valentines if he'd rather, but he was pleased as punch with his own design. I love everything about it, and I am so thankful for Jacob's example in my life.
I'm pretty sure this was spurred on by something that happened last year...he just told me about it a couple of days ago. He told me that last year everyone in his class got a mini kit kat valentine from one of the girls in his class....everyone that is except for him. She gave him a sucker instead, and he told me that it kind of hurt his feelings. For an adult, that may seem like something silly to have bother you, but it bugged him bad enough that he still remembers how he felt a year later. I'm sure in his mind he was wondering why she didn't like him enough to give him a kit kat too (which just happens to be his favorite candy bar), and he felt silly that he was the only one that got something different. I'm 99% sure that that is why he is so adamant about giving everyone the same thing, so no one has to feel like he did last year.
Kinlee found this microphone today and sang songs for whoever would listen. She would sing for about 5 seconds, and then expect an applause for her performance. It was so cute!
Today was my dad's birthday so we went out to dinner with my family and then back up to their house for cake and ice cream and present opening. I am so thankful for such a wonderful man in my life. I couldn't ask for a better dad!
The big day of Katelyn's skiing field trip is tomorrow. I know I am probably being a wimp, but I am nervous to send her off to the freezing cold mountain to try an extreme sport that she has never done before. I hope that she has a good time...the time of her life even, but I will rest easier when she is back home safe and sound tomorrow evening.



No comments:
Post a Comment