A while ago I was someplace where they were asking me questions about myself. One of them was, are you employed? I wanted to say, "Yeah, by 4 little munchkins and my house." But instead I just shook my head no. Even though government documents, or the world for that matter, don't recognize me as employed, I know I have the best job in the whole world.
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be a mom. I got my college degree because I knew it's what I was supposed to do, and I'm thankful that I have it to fall back on if ever needed, but I knew I wasn't going to teach right away if even at all While my classmates were looking forward to getting job offers. I couldn't wait to be able to stay at home full-time with Katelyn and make a home for my little family.
8 year later and I still love being home with my kids. I love that I am who they see first thing they wake up in the morning and the one that sends them off to school with a kiss. I love that I can be around to run a forgotten something to school or pick up a sick one in a moments notice. I love that I get to stay at home with my babies and teach them and play with them and read to them. I love that I get to stop everything and snuggle them on the couch for a minute or two because we both need it. I love that I get to welcome my school kids home and visit with them about their day while they eat a snack and do their homework. I love cooking them dinner and taking care of them. I just love being their mom!
I take my job as a homemaker very seriously. I do my best to make a home where my kids feel safe and loved, where they know they can find help and answers to problems, where they (Jason as well as the kids) can come after a long hard day away and feel peace and rest, and especially where they can feel the spirit. I do my best to keep the house clean and orderly and, for the most part, I find joy in it. I love decorating our house for the seasons and seeing the kids' faces as they walk around and remember the things that have been tucked away for a year. I love keeping the cookie jar stocked full of homemade goodies. I love that when Jason comes home from work, I am usually in the kitchen making dinner for our family.
Of course there are rough days...every job has rough days. But the rewards are so sweet.
I am so grateful to Jason for all of his hard work away at the pharmacy, which makes my dream job possible. He is also my partner in crime and probably makes my job easier than some other homemakers have it. When he comes home from work, he compliments me on the wonderful job I do with everything, tells me I'm beautiful, thanks me for marrying him, then picks up a kid or a broom or a vacuum or a spatula or whatever else needs attention and helps me finish out the day. I feel blessed more than words can express to be unemployed. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment