I spent most of the morning putting the house back together after the weekend. I had a huge pile of laundry waiting for me, but I only got through one and a half loads before I got busy doing other things. Katelyn sang with a group of kids at the Senior Citizen Center for Veterans Day at noon so Dallin and I ran over to listen to her (a big thank you to Dolores for staying with Kinlee while she napped so I didn't have to wake her).
When we got back from that I put together a family home evening lesson (on gratitude) and made a turkey to stuff with our blessings...almost an exact replica of the one I did in 2010. Then it was time to get the kids from school and everything that comes with after school... visiting, snacks and homework. Katelyn has piano lessons on Monday nights and she also had a volleyball game right after that, which we were in charge of the snack for, so I shake-n-baked some chicken and stuck it in the fridge so it would be ready to put in the oven as soon as we walked in the door at 6:30.
Jason got home shortly after we got home from the game. We ate a late dinner, had FHE, ate the snack that Katelyn whipped up after school and before piano (chocolate chip brownies) and then sent the kids off to bed. Thank goodness Katelyn's volleyball season is a short one because on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month I am also in charge of activity days. Needless to say I am pretty worn out when it's time to crawl into bed at night.
Even though the day was busy, Dallin made sure that we had some fun also. He begged until I caved to make chocolate chip cookies at 8:30 am so he could eat the dough (the main reason I didn't get further in my laundry) and then he had me help him build a club house for he and Kinlee to play in.
I know the picture is blurry but I love how he looks perched in the tent looking through old picture albums


No comments:
Post a Comment