Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Roller Coaster

After dinner tonight, I told Jason that I felt like I just "survived" today. I was there physically but not emotionally.  Why is it such a roller coaster? Maybe I haven't been getting enough sleep because I feel exhausted.

Tonight after Kinlee and Dallin were in bed, I sat down at the computer to look up a couple of recipes.  I had only been sitting for about 30 seconds when Dallin poked his head out into the hall and asked me to come lay with him. I told him to go get back in bed and I would be there in a minute, but on the inside I was grumbling....didn't he know I was ready to be done with kids for the day?  But when I went in there he wrapped his arms around my neck and hugged me tight, kissed me on the cheek, and poked my nose...because that's what daddy always dooos to him...and I was really grateful he had asked me to come in. How did he know that I needed that?  Most nights he lays there and talks with me, but tonight he didn't say much. He just held me and I rested my head on his chest as it went up and down with each breath. It was so calming.  At first I felt kind of silly that I was finding comfort in his love because that's what I'm supposed to do for him, but he made all my frustrations melt away for a moment.

Hopefully I can get a good rest tonight (yeah for not having to wake up at 5:45 am!) and feel better about life in the morning.


I read this blog post a few minutes ago and loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment