Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Today, Tonight & Tomorrow

Wednesdays are lunch days with Jason.  Even though it's just fast food and we sit in the parking lot adjacent to McDonalds, it's something I look forward to.  The other days of the week he takes leftovers and saves us lots of money that way, but it's fun to splurge once a week and see him and visit with him face to face in the middle of the day.  For a while it was kind of like a date because both kids would fall asleep on the way up and nap while we ate and whisper visited. But now Dallin rarely ever falls asleep and Kinlee usually falls asleep on the way up but the first noise someone makes wakes her right up.  It's no longer date-like...in fact it's more circus-like :)  I have pictures to prove it...

These were taken a couple of Wednesdays ago. Clothes bar, monkey bar, same thing right?




Today we beat the storm by an hour or so.  I pulled into Lovell around 1:00 and the snow started falling about 2. I'm sure that we'll have to miss a couple of lunch dates due to weather and that always makes me a little sad. I love the snow as long as it isn't on the road. It can snow all it wants everywhere else :)


Tonight at pack meeting Jacob was awarded his Bobcat rank.  Along with his award he was given a pin to put on me (I felt kind of silly because Jason was the one who helped him pass off all the requirements). After dropping the pin down my shirt and struggling to get the back on, he finally got it handled with a little help from me.



What a handsome little scout!

Tomorrow Jason has the day off.  I'm so glad that he gets to be home with us, and I'm even more glad that he doesn't have to be out driving on the bad roads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment