Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lists

I used to be a list maker.  When we lived in Laramie I would get up every morning, and sometimes even at bedtime the night before, and make a list of everything I wanted to get done that day. The lists were very detailed and sometimes lists had sub-lists. For example if I had "plan sharing time" on my main list, I would then make a separate list for what I needed to do to plan sharing time...cleaning out the closet had a list of each step I would do to get it clean.  It was borderline crazy.  But soon children came along and my days got busier and less predictable, and I found it kind of depressing that I couldn't accomplish very much of what I had on my lists. Finally I gave up on them all together and just did what I could do in between the demands of my house and my children.

This morning I woke up and started going over what I needed and wanted to do today, I had a few things in mind so I decided to jot them down on a piece of paper.  Before I knew it I had a list. I took a deep breath and told myself that I would do what I could and if I didn't get it all done today it would be there tomorrow.  Well, I worked my hiney off and got everything done on it except for one thing which I plan to do after I get off the computer. And just what was on my list?

Tidy house
Organize the food storage
clean the garage
organize my closet
straighten up hall bath closet (which also turned into straightening the addition bathroom closet)
make cookies
read scout handbook (this is the one I am going to do tonight)
clean the kids bookshelf & organize Dallin's closet

I almost felt like I was in a race.  I really pushed myself and was proud of what I could accomplish in such a short period of time. This does not mean I am back on the list bandwagon because I pretty much let Dallin watch Paw Patrol and Dora and eat chilli and dream bars as much as he wanted and Kinlee napped for 3 hours and that most likely will never happen again.  But I will bask in the glory of my accomplishments this night!



No comments:

Post a Comment