I know I post a lot about the cute/funny things my kids say, but those are some of our favorite entries to read in the blog books.
Lately Dallin says "I'm just knowing you." when he's meaning to say "I'm just telling you". It makes me smile every time I hear his cute little voice say those words. "Mom, Kinlee is playing in the bathroom. I'm just knowing you." Thanks Dal!
And tonight at family home evening Katelyn was telling a little poem where each letter in MERRY CHRISTMAS stood for something. When she got to the end of Merry she said, "and Y is for yol-ta-tude!" (yuletide for those of you who don't speak Katie Bugs).
Every once in a while my kids do and say things that aren't cute or funny...like for instance tonight when Jacob told me he would keep an eye on Kinlee while I ran Katelyn to piano lessons (we were already late and I knew I could save a few minutes not having to get Kinlee in her coat and buckled into her seat). Only he forgot and kept an eye on NFL Rewind on the Ipad instead of his little sister. So Kinlee had free reign of the house, and with that privilege she chose to take a tub of cool-whip from the fridge and smear it all over herself and the kitchen floor. Jacob was speechless when I called it to his attention, but he immediately began "cleaning up"...and I use the term cleaning up loosely because he got a wet rag and swirled it around the floor. I finally sent him off to sit with Kinlee in the bath while I tried to wipe it out of all the crevices between each plank of wood. Yeah.
But then at dinner time, he helped Katelyn tidy the family room, put away every one's laundry (not just his, which is all that was required), made kool-aid and set the table. One might think he did those things out of guilt or to get back on my good side, but that's just what he does all the time. So even though he may need a little work in the babysitting department, he is such a big helper to me!
This picture (from Sunday morning) could be titled "breakfast of champions". That's quite the variety we have there. Jacob is eating a leftover doughnut from the day before, Dallin is eating Chili...of course, and Kinlee is eating a plain old biscuit and an orange. And apparently my children don't like to wear shirts.

No comments:
Post a Comment