I'm going to tell on myself. Today I did something really silly (I'd say stupid, but then my kids would be mad at me for saying a bad word).
I store my flour and sugar in jars with red lids that I love. I used to keep them out on the counter, but then I tucked them away in my pantry. I have another jar just like them with a silver lid and I use that for my cookie jar. It sits out on the counter filled with cookies and has recently been joined by a hot chocolate station for the cold winter months.
A couple of days ago, I thought to myself that it would look a little more festive if I had a jar with a red lid sitting on the counter for the cookies so I made a mental note to switch the jars out the next time the flour or sugar was low...only I forgot.
Today I couldn't take it anymore, and I decided to make the change even though the flour was 3/4 full. So I washed and dried the old cookie jar, retrieved the flour from the pantry, and began the transfer process....the messy transfer process. Seriously it looked like I let Kinlee dump the flour between the two. As I emptied the last little bit of flour and set the jar down it dawned on me, "I'm pretty sure I could have just switched the lids." I was dumbfounded at my stupidity. I stood at the sink speechless, shaking my head. Even though I wanted to cry and/or bang my head against the cupboard, I finally grabbed a rag and wiped up the disaster.
I let myself find a little peace in the fact that I was right about the red looking much nicer than the silver :)

No comments:
Post a Comment