Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Scenes from a Wednesday Afternoon

 Wednesdays mean homework for Katelyn.  She is doing so well with math this year.  Actually she is doing great in all the subjects, but she has struggled with math up until now. I'm so proud of her for sticking with it over the years even when we were both close to tears. 

 I love our new couches, but it drives me crazy to have the pillows all over the floor. Dallin uses them for lots of different games. Today they were the rocks on the railroad tracks. And yes those are gummy worms scattered all over the floor. I don't know what role they played in the game.

Dallin and Kinlee played a computer game while I helped Kate with her homework.

It was snowy and COLD outside today.  I was a nervous wreck about Jason being on the roads but he arrived home safe and sound after picking Jacob up from scouts. 

While Kinlee napped today, I finished up the last of my Christmas shopping.  That meant Dallin had the family room all to himself with only a check-in every once in a while from me. It looks like a bomb went off in there. And notice our Christmas tree in the background.  We only have ornaments on the top half because Kinlee has taken the ones that were at the bottom off and either destroyed them or handed them to us to put where she can't reach. 

Tonight Katelyn got a call from a boy that she says has a crush on her and she grins and giggles when she talks about him.  I honestly cannot believe we are here already. While Katelyn ran off to her room to talk, Jason paced around the house having a nervous break down and mumbling all sorts of things under his breath. :) I guess they talked about lots of things including the fact that there will be a Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine dance when they are in middle school.  I'm not sure if they were making plans or what. :)  I tried not to get myself too worked up about it because I don't want to make more out of it than it really is or scare Katelyn off to where she doesn't want to talk to us about things, but I did have a little chat with her at dinner about no dating until 16. He said he wants to talk to her tomorrow night too. Oh boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment