Thursday, December 5, 2013

New Calling

On Sunday I was sustained as 2nd counselor in the primary presidency. I was kind of surprised when I was asked because I've only been in my activity day calling for about 5 months, but I also had a feeling it was coming. I am so excited to be serving in Primary. It is my favorite thing to do in the church.  And now I will have served in each position of the primary presidency. :)

We had our first meeting this morning, and it felt good to get things going.  The ladies that I work with are awesome, and it will be a good experience serving with them. Usually the 2nd counselor is over the cub scouts, but sister Christiansen chose have me be over activity days, faith in God, music, and the program...you won't hear any arguing from me on that decision.

Other than the primary meeting (which lasted 2 1/2 hours), I didn't accomplish much else. I was pretty lazy today.  I even laid down and took a 40 minute nap, which I never do. It felt good to be lazy, but I will pay for it tomorrow when I have twice as many chores. :)

While Grandma and Grandpa Bischoff were over tonight, Katelyn played them a song on her guitar. She has learned the basics through the music program at school, but when Bethany was home for Thanksgiving break she showed Katelyn how to play a Taylor Swift song. It only took her a couple of days to memorize it. I love listening to her play, and I can't wait for her to learn more!

 This was Kinlee's way of faking people out...they didn't know whether she was coming or going :)

No comments:

Post a Comment