Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year

Every New Year's Eve is a party in my family because it is also Emilee's birthday.  Tonight we were invited to eat pizza and cake and ice cream and play games at my mom and dad's. The kids did well (mostly because Kinlee had a 4 hour nap this afternoon), and we ended up staying until 11:15 or so.  Kinlee was ready for bed as soon as we walked in the door and we didn't hear another peep from her after Jason laid her in her crib, but the older kids decided to stay awake for a while longer and ring in the new year.

We didn't bang pots and pans, but we did light sparklers and the kids danced around on the porch waving their fireworks in the air...Dallin opted to watch from the sliding glass door for the most part. I finally convinced him to step a foot out the door long enough to wave a sparkler around a few times, but then he said he was too cold and curled up back in his blanket.

Even though January and February are hard months for me to get through, I love the new beginning/fresh start a new year brings. I have a couple of things that I want to improve on in my life...revolutions as Katelyn would call them..and while I wasn't perfect with my 2013 goals, I did better than I ever have. And I plan to do the same this year.   Here's to hoping that 2014 is just as good and maybe even better than 2013 was for our family!





No comments:

Post a Comment