Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Third Option

I forgot to add option C last night when I wrote my post...or he will wake up and be just fine and go to school happy and excited.  Which is exactly what happened.  He had a hard time falling asleep (he had taken a big nap earlier that day) but he never really cried. I think he got choked up a couple of times when we were reading stories, but it never turned to tears.  He even got out his night light and read in bed which he hasn't done for a while.

I have always loved the quote from Elder Boyd K. Packer in the April 2013 general conference "There are few things more powerful than the faithful prayers of a righteous mother." And the same must be true for fathers too.  Last night after Jason got home from basketball, he disappeared for a while.  I found him kneeling next to Jacob's bed praying over and for his son who he loves more than life itself.  My heart swelled with love and tears filled my eyes as I quietly snuck out because I knew that things were going to be okay.

Sure enough this morning, Jacob was back to his normal happy self.  He was joking around and being silly. He ate a muffin and big piece of banana bread for breakfast without me having to prod him at all.  We packed his lunch, and he gathered up everything he needed for school and scouts without one mention of wanting to stay home. It wasn't until he hopped out of the car at the school and said "goodbye mom" that I noticed a small quiver in his voice, but then he immediately followed it up with a big smile and an "I know I'm going to have fun on my field trip."  He gave me the usual wave as he closed the gate and walked onto the grass field.

I have had a calm feeling with me all morning.  Of course, I've thought about him and hoped he was having a good time, but the pit in my stomach of worry is no longer there.  I'm so grateful for the things that I have learned during these past few days.  For the love that I have felt from those around me as I've worried and from my Heavenly Father and Savior. And especially to Jason who loves my kiddos as much as I do and knows what to do to calm both them and me.  I know to some it may seem like I was making a big deal out of a small issue, but to me as his mom it was huge!



No comments:

Post a Comment