Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sad

This little story will be a testament that my mind and thoughts have been all over the place this week.

Every other Saturday I like to have the kids help me deep clean our house meaning under beds checked, closets straightened, bathrooms bleached, floors clean, and laundry done.  Today as I was starting a load of the kids laundry I asked them to please go check in their rooms to make sure I had all the clothes that needed washed. Kate went to check, but Jake popped his head into the laundry room and said, "I know I don't have any dirty clothes in my room because I have been wearing this same outfit since Thursday morning."

And that's not the sad part...maybe the gross part but not the sad part.  What makes me sad is that my response was "What?!  Really?!"  I hadn't even noticed that he hadn't changed clothes in 48 hours (like not even getting into pajamas at night. we're talking 48 hours STRAIGHT) . Maybe because they have lived in the tent since they got home from school on Thursday or maybe its because I've gone to bed the past two nights before they have. Katelyn got up with Dallin last night for pete's sake. I guess he woke up feeling sad so she made him a bed on the couch with a pillow and blanket and moved the coffee table close so he had a place to put his juice that she got him.  She is such a good girl and big help to me, and I don't know what I'd do without her.  But it's time for me to snap out of the funk that I am in.  My kids need me, and Jacob needs a bath in the worst way which is exactly what I will have him do after I am done typing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment