Monday, January 20, 2014

Dallin

I was really bummed when Jacob started school.  It was hard to have him gone from me all day because he was my buddy...he kept me company and made me laugh. I remember Jason telling me that Dallin and I would develop a similar relationship and I would feel the same way when it was time for him to go to school.  If we're being honest, I kind of had my doubts because at that time I was basically damage control for Dallin.  He was at the stage where he was into everything, and I ended most days either close to tears or so tired and frustrated that I didn't have energy to do anything other than go to bed.  But just like always (just don't tell him that) Jason was right.  Dallin is my bestest Dallin friend and I am his bestest mom friend....that's what he told me at lunch.  I love talking to him, he has the sweetest voice with a lisp and makes the cutest facial expressions when he talks.  He likes to give me hugs and comes up with the silliest logics for why he can't give me a kiss. He thinks of fun games for us to play with rules that are always changing and he makes me laugh...a lot.  He still keeps me on my toes.  I'm pretty sure he always will...its just in his blood, but I will miss him when I have to send him off to school.

Today he printed out pictures and colored them to put in Katelyn's and Jacob's room for a welcome home from school surprise.  He was pretty darn proud of himself and the kids loved that he had thought of them.  On the drive home Dallin kept telling Jacob that he had a big surprise for him when we got home, and I thought for sure that Jacob was going to disappointed when he saw what the "big surprise" really was, but he was so happy and immediately hung it up on his wall.  When I went in to tuck Jacob into bed tonight, I found him laying there staring at the picture. I asked him if he liked it and he said, "No, I just love it!"

(yes, his shirt is on inside out. kinlee bit him on the shoulder [he said he was just trying to give her a hug, but I was in the other room and don't know if that meant that he was putting her in a headlock or if he really was just trying to hug her] so he took his shirt off to check out the damage, and this is how he put it back on.)

Dallin also taught family home evening tonight.  He went through the gospel art book and chose a picture that he wanted to talk about....the 2nd coming of Christ.  I pulled a few things out of my primary file and we put together a simple lesson that included the parable of the 10 virgins and a slide show of pictures to the song I Wonder When He Comes Again.  Again he was proud of himself. He kept asking me to help him practice and then gave it like a champ tonight in front of everyone.

I'm so glad this little boy is part of our family. Our house wouldn't be near as fun as it without Dallin in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment