Friday, January 24, 2014

Grocery Shopping & Valentines Decor

Today I did grocery shopping for the next two weeks. I recently put together a monthly meal plan that we rotate through every four weeks. It includes all of our favorites as well as things that help us use our food storage. Now I don't have to spend any time trying to decide what to cook, because I have it all figured out. It also makes shopping quicker.  We did end up having doughnuts for breakfast...it's a deal I have with the kids.  If Katelyn and Jacob will stay home with Kinlee and Dallin while I go to the grocery store (except Dallin wanted to come with me today), I will bring them home doughnuts for breakfast.  It is a win win situation.

The kids spent the day bumming around the house, hanging out in the tent, having a picnic in the tent, and watching TV. I put up the rest of the Valentine's decorations, washed bedding, and made homemade pizza for dinner. Now I'm ready to fall into bed and get some sleep so I can do it all again tomorrow. 

As I looked around tonight, I realized that 99% of my valentine's decorations are things I've made.  Yesterday I posted pictures of the heart banner that the kids and I made a couple of years ago.   I bought the mailboxes that sit on the dresser 3 years ago in the dollar section at Target and added vinyl to them. Also on the dresser I have the tissue paper rosette balls that I made last year or maybe it was two years ago. And this is what I have above in my computer desk nook.  I made the 3 heart banner last year, the LOVE framed letters two years ago, yesterday I made the pom pom flowers, and today I made the 14 hanging out of an old box lid and some vinyl, and then I put vinyl "I love you" on a red plate that I already had in my cupboard.



It kind of looks hodge podgey, but I love all the memories that come with each decoration. I have the best job in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment