Thursday, January 23, 2014

LAZY

I'm guessing I shut off my alarm this morning instead of pressing snooze because when I rolled over to see what time it was, it was 6:30. That meant I didn't have time for a shower before scripture study.  And I was too lazy to find time during the day to do it, so I am sitting at the computer still unshowered. Want to know what else I was too lazy to do today...help Dallin change out of his PJs. And if no one forces helps him, it isn't something he feels inclined to do himself.  And if Kinlee's diaper hadn't leaked onto her jammies, she'd probably still be in hers too.  I didn't do a single load of laundry or make dinner (thank goodness Jason had some motivation today).  But here is the short list of what I did do today. I...

-helped the older kids get ready for school
-played camping with Dallin
-worried about Emilee
-hugged Jason...lots. it was his day off today
-held Kinlee (she isn't feeling well so she was extra needy today)
-decorated the house for Valentine's day plus made a couple of new decorations to display
-paid the bills
-and started filing our 2013 taxes

The kids don't have school tomorrow which means the laziness can continue. I am sure we will eat donuts for breakfast and hang out in the tent that Jason made for the kids today out of PVC pipe and old sheets. The only thing that would make it better is if Jason could join us, but it's his weekend to work. :(

the kids and I made the heart garland two years ago, and the hearts on the kids' pictures are from a family home evening we did last year. the kids' favorite part of Valentines are the mailboxes. starting feb 1st they will find a treat or a surprise in there each day until valentine's day. until then they are having fun leaving silly surprises inside for each other.  tonight dallin stuck some yarn in jacob's and about killed over laughing when he discovered it. i finally got the vinyl on Kinlee's mailbox. it sat there stickerless last year...which is silly because it only took about 15 minutes to put it together. i'll have to post a picture of the other fun decorations I have collected and made over the past couple of years tomorrow because I am too lazy to do it tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment