Saturday, January 4, 2014

Takes the Cake

Jason has always referred to me as "hot". He has said it enough around the kids that they've picked up on it and call me that too.  If something is ever hot, they say, "hot like mama".  For example "The bath water is too hot. It's hot like mama!"   I don't know how to feel about this.  Obviously, I am flattered that he thinks that of me, but I also know that I'm about the farthest thing from what the world would call hot. I'm not fishing for compliments, I just have eyes.  

Anyways, Jacob made a comment last night that takes the cake and made Jason proud.  My mom gave us some leftover chili a couple of days ago, and we warmed it up for dinner last night. Jacob ate all of his in about 30 seconds.  He wiped his mouth and said, "Really good chili, Mom."  I told him that it was Grandma's chili and all I had to do was warm it up.  To which he replied, "I bet you didn't even have to use the stove."  Jason looked at him and said, "Because she's so hot?!"  Jacob just smiled and nodded.  Then they high-fived and Jason rubbed Jake's hair, "That's my boy!"

I had no words except to tell Jason that he is going to think that is really funny when he is using that line on girls at school. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment