Friday, January 3, 2014

Friday... I Guess

I have been living in lazy land since Jason has been on vacation and the kids haven't had school.  I haven't even really paid attention to what day it is, and I haven't set my alarm in 14 mornings (5:45 am wake up call is going to be rough come Monday morning). Usually I am one who craves routine and loves the feeling of getting back into the swing of things, but these past two weeks of unstructured laziness has been great and I am going to enjoy each and every last second of it.

Jason and I spent Kinlee's nap time cleaning out and organizing things in the crawl space.  We keep the bins of clothes that the kids aren't wearing right now and the baby stuff and extra building supplies and just about everything except the kitchen sink under there.  When we did the addition, we "moved" things around so the workers could get to where they needed to be, and it has been a disaster ever since.  I was glad when Jason suggested getting it back in order today.  We got rid of a lot of stuff (I hate stuff!  I hate having closets and shelves filled to the brim! It makes me crazy and grouchy!) and organized what we don't want to get rid of yet. Even though I don't have to see it very often, it does my heart good to know that it is somewhat tidy under there.  And even tough the task wasn't enjoyable in the least, it was nice to spend time with Jason.

I also put the finishing touches on the cake where the primary kiddos will choose a pencil from on their birthday.  After a couple of failed attempts (my first cake looked like a brick of cheese), I finally came up with something I am happy with.  Now hopefully it will stand the test of time.


Now I am off to enjoy more laziness! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment